Nicole Colón's Journal

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I thought I'd write a little bit about how things went when I met with Maurice DuBois. Well,the whole experienc was fantastic, definitely one of the most exciting experiences I've ever had. I met with him on Friday, November 18th at 3:30 in the lobby of CBS (I was in CBS!) and from there, we walked to his office. That was unexpected, I thought he'd have me interview him in like a conference room or some sort of general area, so to be in his own office made the experience even cooler. Maurice is great! He's so pleasant, so down-to-earth, so generous with his time, and just an all around great person. It was really nice to find out that he is as pleasant in person as he presents himself to be on television. I spent a little under an hour with him. He showed me around the newsroom and we talked for a little bit before I started the interview. The interview itself went well. He not only answered my questions, but he went into depth with all of his answers too. We took a couple pictures together, and then he walked me back downstairs to the CBS lobby and I went back home to Jersey. It all felt so unreal, but at the same time kind of natural too. It was just such an amazing experience! BUT, when I got home and played the tape back to hear our interview the tape was blank. My heart just about sank once I found that out, especially since the one major thing that I was supposed to do was record the interview so that I could use it in the future for the radio station and my portfolio. I had no idea what to do, but I thought that since things went so well with him, I should email him explaining what happened and request another interview. I actually felt really bad doing that since he had already been so generous with his time, but I figured if I didn't ask, there would be no way of me ever getting our interview on tape. He agreed to the second interview (thank God!), so in my eyes, Maurice DuBois is the nicest person ever, lol. We met again two weeks later at CBS (same deal) and I actually think that the interview was better the second time around. I was more comfortable since I had a better sense of who he was, my questions were a lot better, and it felt a bit more conversational. I had a minidisc recorder and a microphone with me (I felt more official, lol), so this time, the interview recorded perfectly. Before I left, he asked if I could send him a copy of my project once I was finished with it. I am so thrilled about that. Just having him look over my work is incredible (a little intimidating too, but mostly incredible), so after the holidays, I'm going to stop by CBS once more to give him a copy of my whole project. Things got a little screwed up the first time around, but in the end, I couldn't be happier with the way things worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home