Time flies. I can't believe I haven't written anything since June. Well, since my last post, I worked with my former professor to observe the program he told me about for three weeks over the summer, and it was such a cool experience. I haven't gotten the chance to do a story about it for my school's radio station yet because it hasn't reopened after being closed for the summer. I also did make the Dean's List with honors, started working for ERA again and I've been doing the Public Relations thing for the Latino organization on campus.
I'm already about half way through the semester. I've been checking out the Greek life on my campus and I'm pretty excited about it. I went to three interest meetings for Mu Sigma Upsilon and it seems awesome, so I've decided that I'm going to pledge in the Spring (if accepted) I would pledge this semester, but they're not pledging new members until the Spring. They don't haze, and their pledge period is military style which should be interesting. It's the first multicultural sorority in the nation. The girls are sweet and seem like they're for real. It's definitely not like one of those stereotypical sororities, not that's there's necessarily anything wrong with those, but they're just not for me. So anyway, it's professional and all, like once you let them know you want to join, you have to submit a resume, an essay, two letters of recommendation, and have two interviews with them. Then you get a letter in the mail letting you know if you are invited to join their sisterhood. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to join a sorority. I just think they're really cute and I like the idea of the whole sisterhood thing. Plus, I'm a girlie girl, so it's something that appeals to me. I also like that since we don't have a house on campus, and since my school is so small, it wouldn't dominate my life. It'll be something I'm part of, but it won't define me, you know? Like at other bigger universities, it's seems like sometimes that can define who you are. So that's what's been going on lately. I'm loving the change of weather, and I'm kind of looking forward to Halloween even though I'm already 20.
I'm already about half way through the semester. I've been checking out the Greek life on my campus and I'm pretty excited about it. I went to three interest meetings for Mu Sigma Upsilon and it seems awesome, so I've decided that I'm going to pledge in the Spring (if accepted) I would pledge this semester, but they're not pledging new members until the Spring. They don't haze, and their pledge period is military style which should be interesting. It's the first multicultural sorority in the nation. The girls are sweet and seem like they're for real. It's definitely not like one of those stereotypical sororities, not that's there's necessarily anything wrong with those, but they're just not for me. So anyway, it's professional and all, like once you let them know you want to join, you have to submit a resume, an essay, two letters of recommendation, and have two interviews with them. Then you get a letter in the mail letting you know if you are invited to join their sisterhood. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to join a sorority. I just think they're really cute and I like the idea of the whole sisterhood thing. Plus, I'm a girlie girl, so it's something that appeals to me. I also like that since we don't have a house on campus, and since my school is so small, it wouldn't dominate my life. It'll be something I'm part of, but it won't define me, you know? Like at other bigger universities, it's seems like sometimes that can define who you are. So that's what's been going on lately. I'm loving the change of weather, and I'm kind of looking forward to Halloween even though I'm already 20.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home